If you are having a new A/C system installed, choosing the right Fort Worth/Arlington-area contractor for the job is just as important to great air conditioning performance as purchasing quality equipment. A modern, energy-efficient air conditioner can run for years with minor maintenance and lower your energy costs substantially.
However, that efficiency and dependability rely on expert installation. A/C systems can lose up to half their efficiency if they aren’t installed properly, and poor installation can also be the source of sub-standard cooling performance and premature equipment failures.
A number of procedures should be followed to ensure expert installation, including:
- Load calculation: This procedure determines how much cooling capacity your home needs. Your contractor should evaluate factors that include home insulation, outside air infiltration and internal load from appliances and lighting to ensure that your new system is sized appropriately for your needs. This step is very important, as proper system sizing makes a big difference in air conditioning performance.
- Duct evaluation: Your home’s air duct system should be checked for leaks, cleanliness and proper configuration to ensure that airflow is adequate for efficient home cooling. Duct sizing should be evaluated and your contractor should make sure that there are enough supply and return registers in each room of the house.
- Electrical safety evaluation: Your contractor should ensure that circuit breakers and wiring in your home are adequate for the electrical requirements of your new system.
- Refrigerant charge evaluation: Refrigerant charge should be checked at installation to ensure that it is within manufacturer’s specifications for the system.
- Thermostat accuracy evaluation: Your thermostat should be checked for proper calibration and function to help ensure efficient air conditioning performance.
Installing a new A/C system is a major investment, so make sure you choose a contractor with a proven track-record of quality service to ensure that your installation is top-of-the-line. AirRite Air Conditioning has been providing expert installation and service to customers in the greater Fort Worth/Arlington area since 1955. If you have questions about air conditioning performance or anything else A/C related, please feel free to contact us, we’ll be happy to help!
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about air conditioning performance and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
AirRite Air Conditioning services the greater Fort Worth and Arlington area. Visit our website to see our current promotions and get started today!
Powered by WPeMatico