Choosing an HVAC contractor is one of the most important decisions you will make when it comes to making repairs or modifications to your home. That is because your heating and cooling system is perhaps the most significant component of your home. For this reason, you want to make sure that any service or repairs done on your system will be done thoroughly and to the most current standards.
When choosing an HVAC contractor, ask the following questions:
- Will the equipment you install be Energy Star-certified?
- Will you measure and calculate the correct size of the equipment I’ll need for my home?
- Will you install and match indoor A/C coils with the proper outdoor unit? (A/C & heat pump only)
- Will you test to determine the proper system size for my existing ductwork?
- Will you reuse or install new refrigerant lines?
- Will you install and assist in setting up a programmable thermostat?
- Will you determine if zoning and temperature controls are appropriate for my home?
- Will you provide information on any applicable local/national rebate programs?
- Will you inspect for damage or existing problems, and make any necessary repairs?
- Will duct seams be sealed on any new ductwork?
- Will you test ducts for leakage?
Regarding maintenance and verification:
- Will you give me instructions and show me how to replace the air filter?
- Will you leave me my AHRI certificate and system manuals and documentation regarding installation procedures and measurement and testing records?
- Do you provide third-party verification on the installation of the system?
- Will you confirm proper airflow across the coil and refrigerant levels? (A/C & Heat Pump only)
AirRite Air Conditioning knows that you will have many questions as you go through the process of choosing an HVAC contractor. We have been committed to providing thorough and comprehensive HVAC services to all our clients in Fort Worth and Arlington since 1990, and we would be more than happy to sit down and discuss how we can meet your needs.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the Fort Worth and Arlington, Texas area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC contractors and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock
Powered by WPeMatico