Duct cleaning isn’t something the average home needs often. When the time comes, though, a professional cleaning can make a real difference in your air quality and overall comfort. Clean ducts are especially important around Dallas-Fort Worth, where the area’s heat and humidity contributes to problems like mildew growth.
If you think your ducts might be due for a cleaning, consider what you stand to gain by scheduling soon:
- Cleaner air — Ducts can become so clogged with dust, dust mites, pollen, pet hair and other particles that the debris is blown out the registers along with your warm or cool air. Duct cleaning eliminates these airborne particles. Although it’s never been proven to help with any health condition, reducing the lung-irritant particles in your ductwork may be beneficial if you experience allergies or asthma.
- Fresher-smelling air — Even if larger debris particles never enter your air, duct buildup can still give off stale, musty odors.
- Energy savings — Clean ducts move air more efficiently than ducts clogged with debris. Thorough duct cleaning helps keep your whole HVAC system cleaner and more efficient, too.
- Longer system life — When dirt builds up in your air ducts, it can break loose and travel elsewhere in your HVAC system. Clean ducts reduce the risk of dirt damaging your system’s components.
- Less housework — Dust blown through your registers eventually settles on your furniture, window sills and elsewhere. If you find your home getting unusually dusty, it may be time for a duct cleaning.
- A final clean-up job — The ducts in new and recently remodeled homes often hold construction debris such as drywall dust, sawdust and even bits of carpet. Getting this debris out of your ducts should be part of the post-construction clean-up job.
A certified home protection specialist can assist you with proper duct cleaning and inspect your duct work for any outside air leaks and separation of the duct work from the HVAC system. It may be that you are sucking in attic air and dust from an outside source causing the duct work to become dirty and more importantly wasting valuable money on your utility bills.
If you’re having air quality or system efficiency problems, the trouble may lie in your ducts. To have your ductwork assessed by professionals you can trust, contact us at AirRite Air Conditioning Company. Since 1955, we’ve been providing cost-effective services Dallas-Fort Worth homeowners depend on.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the Fort Worth and Arlington, Texas area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about duct cleaning and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock
Powered by WPeMatico