If you’re selecting an air conditioner for your home, then you probably already know that it will be a substantial investment. But, given the hot and steamy summer weather in the Fort Worth and Arlington areas, it’s a necessary one. If chosen well, an A/C system is an investment that will pay off for years, keeping you cool and comfortable throughout many summers to come.
To choose well, you’ll have to understand your options. So, here are a few terms you’ll need to know to choose the best air conditioner for your needs:
- Compressor – The compressor is the workhorse of the A/C system, circulating the refrigerant through the loop from the evaporator coil to the condensing unit and back again.
- Coils – Coils refer the system of tubing through which the refrigerant travels to transfer heat from indoors to outdoors.
- Evaporator – This is the portion of the A/C that is indoors. It collects heat from the indoor air to be transported outside.
- Condensing unit – This is the outdoor portion of the A/C, which disperses heat into the outside air, cooling the refrigerant before it circulates back to the evaporator to cool the indoor air.
- Charge – This refers to the amount of refrigerant in the system. Checking the charge simply means measuring the level of refrigerant.
- Air handler – This is a central A/C system component that circulates the cooled air through the air ducts in the home.
- SEER – SEER stands for seasonal energy efficiency ratio, which gives a measurement of the how much energy an air conditioner will consume as it cools your home. Bigger is better with SEER, as greater numbers indicate more efficient operation.
Knowing a bit about A/C systems will make selecting an air conditioner easier, as will having the advice of reliable A/C professionals. AirRite Air Conditioning Company has been helping customers make good A/C decisions in the Forth Worth and Arlington areas since 1955, so please feel free to contact us for advice on selecting an air conditioner for your home.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about air conditioners and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
AirRite Air Conditioning services the greater Fort Worth and Arlington area. Visit our website to see our current promotions and get started today!
Powered by WPeMatico