Is boiler repair looming in your future? Learn to spot these seven signs of what might be going wrong with your boiler, so you can call for help before you are left without heat during Fort Worth’s chilly season.
- Lack of heat – When you turn on your boiler only to find that there is no heat, check your thermostat and the water level first, then call a professional to check for airlocks, valve failure and other problems, meaning it is time to call for repair.
- Loud banging noises – Boilers are typically a bit noisy, but they should not sound like a herd of elephants has taken up residence in your home. Air in the system is a common culprit.
- Pilot light out – If the pilot light is out, make sure there is no air blowing on it from a broken air seal or similar problem. If it continues to go out, you may need a new thermocouple.
- Loss of pressure – Water leaks are a common cause for a loss of pressure, but it can also occur because of a pressure relief valve problem.
- Thermostat problems – Thermostats can lose accuracy. If yours does not seem to be showing the proper temperature, it may be time for an HVAC contractor to help with replacement.
- Cold radiators –If the system is on, but your radiators are still cold, then there could be a problem inside the pipes, like sludge buildup. This requires the help of a boiler repair professional to pinpoint and fix.
- Lime buildup – If you have hard water, lime scale can build up in the heat exchanger on your boiler. If you hear your boiler rumbling, this may be the problem.
If you are experiencing one of these common problems, help is just a phone call away. Call AirRite Air Conditioning Company, Inc for experienced boiler repair professionals who will come to your home, diagnose the problem and offer a workable solution. We also offer ongoing maintenance to keep your system working well. Since 1955, AirRite has been serving the greater Dallas/Fort Worth area with a dedication to your total comfort.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the Fort Worth and Arlington, Texas area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about boiler repair and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock
Powered by WPeMatico